Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages
Rewordify intelligently simplifies difficult English and gives definitions that are easy to understand, context aware, and match verb tense and part of speech. The Learning Sessions actively teach individualized vocabulary lessons where you hear words and phrases, type them, and read them. The Rewordify site carefully monitors student reading time, learning progress, and learning errors, and gives educators full-color, real-time charts and reports. Over 300 pieces of classic literature are also available within this free app.
Simplish uses an 850-word vocabulary based on C.K. Ogden's Basic English plus 100 specialized words to be selected and 50 international words for paraphrasing through fully rewriting text in simple English. It also includes 30,000 words to help process legal/scientific/technical material. This approach allows for infinite expressiveness using a fixed finite vocabulary. Simplish is free when used up to 5 times per day with a limit of 5,000 words per process. A paid subscription is required for more than this, access to a personal dictionary, and to process foreign languages.
Read&Write for Google Chrome™
Teachers can get a FREE premium subscription to Read&Write for Google Chrome. Wonderfully intuitive and easy-to-use, Read&Write for Google Chrome™ provides personalized support to make documents, web pages and common file types in Google Drive (including: Google Docs, PDF & ePub) more accessible. It’s designed to help everyone engage with digital content in a way that suits his/her abilities and learning styles. Read&Write offers a range of powerful support tools to help gain confidence with reading, writing, studying and research, including:
• Text-to-speech to hear words, passages, or whole documents read aloud with easy-to-follow dual color highlighting
• Text and picture dictionaries to see the meaning of words explained
• With speech-to-text, dictate words to assist with writing, proofreading & studying
• Word prediction offers suggestions for the current or next word as you type
• Collect highlights from text in documents or the web for summarizing and research
• Create and listen to voice notes directly inside of Google Docs
• Simplify and summarize text on web pages to remove ads and other copy that can be distracting.
TLDR: Summarize Anything
TLDR: Summarize Anything is a plugin to shorten long documents and aid in research. Often long documents are difficult to quickly skim over and catch the relevant parts. TLDR uses AI to automate this process, generating multiple lengths so you can get a summary, a 25% and a 50% view of the document. It also offers the full view in an easier to read layout. If you want to find more articles like the one you are reading, click the "Find Related" button to get articles on the same content. Aren't sure if the article you read is trust worthy? Verify it with the Unpartial button.